Getting the Most Bang for your Buck with your Replacement Windows
Investing in your house is important, and when the time comes to replace windows, any homeowner will want to be sure they are getting what they paid for. It’s essential to evaluate the style, material and design of a window, but to understand your return on investment for your window purchase, it’s important to look at the long-term benefits you’ll experience throughout the years. Here are several of them:
- Your energy bills are reduced overtime. After replacement window installment, you may see your heating and cooling expenses drop. According to the ENERGY STAR®-website, ENERGY STAR certified windows have been shown to save homeowners an average of $101–$583 each year when replacing single-pane windows.
- New windows are great for real estate. According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Cost vs. Value Report, new wood or vinyl windows may return 73 percent of the project amount when you sell your house. If you are looking to sell your home in the next several years, your first action item might be to replace your windows.
- You could earn rebate rewards. There are easy-to-use rebate offers and a special offer finder online for many ENERGY STAR window purchases. The online finder allows homeowners to browse through available rebates through a ZIP code entry and find the best deals in Cheyenne.
- New window glass can help protect your furniture. As technology has advanced, new glass panes can now help lower fading of your furniture and fabrics from the sunlight.
- You could earn green-energy tax credits.* Newly installed energy efficient windows that meet ENERGY STAR requirements are eligible for a thirty-percent of costs tax credit with no upper limit in 2017. To find additional information about the details of green-energy tax credits for the Cheyenne area, visit energystar.gov.
Sometimes it pays to be energy efficient, even though the upfront expenses can be overwhelming. Replacement windows are a great approach to spruce up your home before the fall hits, while also keeping some extra cash in your pocket for the future. Hear more about replacing new windows with Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC by giving our team a call at 307-632-6373 or scheduling an appointment with us online.