How to Decorate Your Doors for Fall in Cheyenne
Fall is upon us in Cheyenne, and as the season begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin thinking about how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some creative fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the atmosphere of the season. Doors are usually the focal point of a home—they bring curb appeal and can make a strong impact on one’s first impression of a house. Here are several things to ponder when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is beneficial when it comes to drawing eyes to your doorway. There are a variety of ways to make levels, including adding decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stack pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall gives us a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should do the same. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a good choice for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are typically staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your house look unique and stylish. Some of the big door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of loading fall flowers into a basket, compile a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and hang it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into a cute scarecrow to greet guests when they appear at your door
Use your replacement door as a blank slate for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating may include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our experts at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC in Cheyenne a call at 307-632-6373 or book an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!