How to Properly Clean Windows in Cheyenne, Wyoming
A window offers you a wonderful view to the outdoors, allows light in and helps protect your family from the elements. That means they see a lot of action. From dirt, water and insects on the outside to smudges or pets on the inside, your windows’ glass gets dirty pretty quick. Luckily, window cleaning is fairly simple.
You can clean your original replacement windows in just five easy steps. Many Pella windows have innovative features that make it easier for you to clean the exterior glass from inside. Here’s our window cleaning process.
- Brush off your window sills. You’ll want to get rid of the dirt, dust and whatever else is stuck on the window sills and ledges to prevent dirt and mud from getting on the glass later on.
- Now’s an ideal time to clean the screens, too. Simply run your vacuum’s dusting brush attachment over the side of the screen that faces in.
- Use a premixed vinegar-based cleaning solution (create your own with one part white vinegar to 10 parts water), and apply to a soft, clean, lint-free cloth or paper towel. Alternatively, you may use an ammonia-free glass cleaner such as Pella's glass cleaner, Windex® or Sparkle®. Spray the cleaner generously, but try to prevent cleaning solutions from getting on the wood, fiberglass or vinyl frames, as they may discolor the finish.
- Rub from several different directions and let air dry.
- Rinse with clean water if streaks remain after cleaning.
For the best view, we’d also recommend cleaning your windows on a cloudy day. Sunshine can dry the cleaning solution too quickly, leaving streaks on your window glass. Your Pella professionals in Cheyenne prefer using microfiber cloths to clean window glass since it’s lint-free and will not leave tiny particles behind.
Your windows could look so good, you might forget the glass is even there. Now that’s what we call a perfect view.
Please note: You should not use ammonia- or alcohol-based glass cleaners. They will leave streaks or produce a film that attracts moisture and dust. See your owner’s manual for more information on cleaning other parts of your wood windows, vinyl windows or fiberglass windows, or get in touch with your Pella Windows Showroom in Cheyenne.