In 2017, kitchen remodeling was one of the most popular home projects and it’s a good way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Follow these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the appropriate way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, seek out input from your friends and colleagues, and don’t settle just because one contractor is the least expensive.
- Consider your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a specific finish or countertop material? Do you want to have appliances with the latest technology?
- Evaluate what an ideal floor plan for your kitchen would look like. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that meets your needs and the needs of your home. What function do you want this space to serve? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Relaxing with your family?
- Keep all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to pull out when filing your taxes or to use if you plan to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Be sure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen working efficiently for a long time.
- Forget stick with the budget! Remain on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are worth the most to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can bring together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important items of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they let light into your space, set the tone for the room and give you a gateway to the outdoors, which really feels nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are thinking about replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC a call at 307-632-6373, visit our Cheyenne showroom or book an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you select the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.