Prepare Your Entryway for the Winter Weather
Cooler temps are heading our way in Cheyenne and when the temperature lowers, the energy bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to get ready for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Cheyenne winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option reduces energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors offer an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwanted guests.
Storm door installation is a great way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and influence your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your windows or doors, give our Pella Wyoming professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to make a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Talk with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Cheyenne.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC in Cheyenne a call at 307-632-6373 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.