Cooler temps are heading our way in Cheyenne and when the temperature lowers, the utility bills can often surge. There are a lot of things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can aid your home comfort during the cold months, and Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
Are you wondering what is so significant about storm door installation? While storm doors are advantageous in every season, here are several of the benefits that storm doors provide during Cheyenne winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are an extra layer between the outdoors and the inside of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help lower monthly costs on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors provide an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also adds another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is an ideal way to prep your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money in your home as the colder weather looms:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and influence your home comfort. If you have questions about reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping surrounding the doors and windows, give our Pella Wyoming professionals a call and we will gladly help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can get caught in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, for example deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could permit cold air to sneak into your home. Consult with a professional to repair these issues before the colder temperatures hit Cheyenne.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the professionals at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC in Cheyenne a call at 307-632-6373 or stop by our showroom to talk face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.