Winters in Cheyenne come with a lot of weather changes: colder temperatures, wetter environments and cloudy skies. One of the best ways to warm up the look of your home throughout this sometimes dreary time of year is by adding a wooden replacement door. The detailed wood doors from Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC are made to complement your home and insert warmth to your entryway. Each Pella Wyoming collection offers a different style for your Cheyenne home:
- Traditional: The Traditional Collection features unique glass designs and detailed wood panels for a look that is timeless.
- Craftsman: The Craftsman Collection highlights simple, symmetrical detailing with a steadfast make.
- Classic: The Classic Collection adds elegance and charm to the home with a historic feel, decorative designs, beveled glass and true divided-light grilles.
- Old World European: The Old World European Collection takes guests back in time when they arrive at your home. Textured glass and decorative iron accents add grandeur and character to your entryway.
Now that you have a better understanding of the types of wooden doors available to you at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC, how do know if a wooden door is best for your house? There are lots of advantages to wood replacement doors besides their style and warmth. Here are a few features to consider:
- Because the doors are comprised of wood, they are easier to customize. Door panels, molding and any other distinct features can easily be crafted into wood to make your front door unique. You can also emphasize your wood’s natural grain with stain.
- Depending on the environment, wood replacement doors and windows can be a long-lasting, durable product. Wood doors typically require an overhang, so you will want to take that into consideration for your replacement project. That means that wood doors may help increase your home’s energy efficiency, and even diminish noise from the outdoors.
- Because wood is a natural material that can be shaped in different ways, wooden doors can be custom made to fit almost any size of doorway. It’s simple to insert glass windows or pieces into a custom door for increased light.
- According to Consumer Reports, wood is one of the greatest door materials for resisting wear and tear. Wood doors are less likely to dent and scratch and are easily repairable. However, to keep the doors looking their best, they require routine painting or varnishing on a frequent basis.
The entryway is the focal point of any home. If you are seeking an inviting upgrade this winter, or just want to try out a more unique look for your space, talk to our Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC team about wood replacement doors. Stop by our Cheyenne showroom or arrange an appointment with us online.