Spring Cleaning: Prepping your Cheyenne, Wyoming Wood Windows for the Best View
The flowers, the warmth – only a couple of things are better than looking out your wood windows on a perfect, warm day in Cheyenne. And with a small amount of spring-cleaning, those windows will shimmer, giving you great views and the great feeling of a clean home.
Whether they are wood windows or another type, no one likes streaky windows or dust bunnies around their windowsills. Keep in mind a couple cleaning tips when you begin your spring-cleaning:
- While it seems better to clean with the sun out, the sun could actually dry the cleaning solution before the glass is properly cleaned, so utilize that cloudy day to get your cleaning completed.
- Having the best results means cleaning both the inside and outside of your wood windows. It’s well worth the time when you see how good it will look.
- Always begin at the top when washing your windows. Doing so ensure the drips stay out of the area of your wood windows that hasn’t been cleaned yet.
- Take an old towel or paper towel and place it at the bottom of the window to gather any drips to keep them from puddling on the frames.
- Once you have cleaned your windows, make sure you dry the windowsills with a cloth. If any drips made their way through, it will help guard the frame and finish of your wood windows.
No matter if they are replacement windows or windows original to your home, windows need some TLC. Whether it’s a simple damp cloth or touching up scratches, the staff at Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC can help show proper care techniques for whatever line of Pella® windows you may have. Drive by the showroom in Cheyenne today and check out which products are best for your windows. And who knows, you may learn a new cleaning method while you’re at it.