Tips to Help Prevent Termite Damage in Wood Windows in Cheyenne, Wyoming
There’s no question that wood windows can add warmth and help improve the visual aspects in your home. One problem homeowners have with wood windows is the chance for termite damage. Termites get most of their food from wood, which can cause homeowners a lot of issues when it comes to structural damage.
So what can you do to help avert termite damage?
The best way to help prevent termite damage is to get rid of or decrease the opportunity for termites to get in the immediate area of your home. Here are a few tips from Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC on how you can help lessen the possibility of termite infestation.
- Keep Brush Away From Your House – Try to keep the ground area around your house free of any brush or rotten wood. Termites will use this as a pathway to get to the house. Particularly for windows on the lower level, keep leaves, dirt and other brush away from the foundation and house.
- Properly Vent Your Home – Termites also search for water and moisture, so it’s important to ensure your home, including small crawl spaces, are correctly ventilated and encourage air to flow.
- Clean Out Gutters – Clogged gutters create pools of water that are also attractive to termites, and conveniently for the termites— are nearby the home. Make sure you don’t have standing water or leaves and sticks in your gutters.
- Fix Foundation Cracks – Seal up or fill any cracks in the foundation of your home. Many termites develop their colonies in the ground, making your home’s foundation their ideal chance to get in to the home.
- Protect Your Wood – Pella Cheyenne has EnduraGuard® wood protection which offers advanced protection against the effects of moisture, decay, stains from mold and mildew – as well as termite damage.
- Call a Professional – Pest control firms can look at your home for any present termite infestations or damage, and install the right protection system for your home.
If you want more information on wood windows and what steps you should take to help avert any damage, visit the Cheyenne showroom or set up an appointment online to have one of our experts offer a free in-home consultation. You can call Prairie Pella Wyoming LLC at 307-632-6373 to get started and make wood windows a reality in your home.