What You Need To Know About Patio Doors: Hinged vs. Sliding for your Cheyenne, Wyoming home
Adding or replacing patio doors in your home can come with a lot of choices. From color to material type or product line, there are a lot of things to think about. Among these considerations is the crucial decision of whether you go with a hinged or sliding patio door. Both are great choices and give you their own unique benefits, but ultimately there is one that will work best with your home and style.
Unsure which option is right for your home? Here’s a bit more information to help you choose whether you should purchase a hinged or sliding patio door.
Sliding Patio Doors:
- If space is tight, a sliding patio door is most likely the best choice given that they don’t require room to swing open
- Due to their construction they are easy to take care of
- Their large glass panels allow for maximum natural light
- Offer a contemporary look for modern homes
- Pella Sliding Doors are equipped with a foot bolt lock to open the door about three inches to allow for ventilation.
Hinged Patio Doors:
- Give you a bigger opening for more foot traffic and allow for furniture to pass through easily
- Draw the eyes outdoors because of their gorgeous accents
- Have a low threshold to make coming and going easier
- Provide a more classic look
- Pella Hinged Doors offer a multi-point locking system for added security
Every home has its own unique needs, whether it is comfort, style, or functionality related, which is why we carry both hinged and sliding patio doors. No matter which product line or material you choose, we have options to assist in meeting those needs. Whether you prefer wood, fiberglass or vinyl, we can help find the right product for you.
When you buy a Pella® patio door in your Cheyenne home you’re not only gaining the aesthetic benefits, you’re getting the innovation that Pella® products offer. Our features showcase the attention to detail that you’re in search of.
Whether you have a question about which patio door would be best for your home and your budget or just want to view a few different options, give the experts at your Cheyenne Pella Showroom a call at 307-632-6373.